The following is a list of undergraduate research opportunities/funding with links to more information. If you know of a program not included here, please contact us. We would like to grow this list!
- Program offers summer research grants of up to $2800 and academic year grants of up to $5000 for undergraduate research expenses including supplies, materials, travel, and/or participant compensation. Summer funding may be used for living expenses. Applications are available each October and February.
- Rolling small grants of up to $800 are available on an ongoing basis.
- Attend one of their weekly info sessions to get started.
LSAMP – Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
T 315.443.1870, E email@example.com
- Program serves approximately 80 students annually through research experiences, academic seminars, advising, and participation in professional conferences.
- Offers summer research stipend of $3500 (and $150 stipend for travel, and free room and board on campus). Deadline to apply was extended to the end of February – if interested, please contact LSAMP ASAP.
- Academic year research opportunities also available. Application deadline is March 24, 2020.
- Program offers summer research and mentoring opportunities to undergraduate psychology majors from underrepresented backgrounds. Program runs May 11 to June 26, 2020.
- Application deadline is March 10, 2020.
- Program offers Honors Thesis funding, up to $5000 per project. This includes funds for research materials, supplies, and/or expenses. Applications are available each October and February.
- Explore research currently underway at Syracuse University – search their database of Research Centers and Labs.
- Program prepares undergraduate students for graduate/doctoral studies with research, academic services, and scholarly activities.
- Stipend of up to $1800 for research.
- Eligibility: First-generation college students who meet federal income guidelines (based on taxable income), and/or members of a population (African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Native American) that is generally underrepresented or underrepresented in the field of interest.
- Application deadline is March 8, 2020.
- Program funds a large number of research opportunities for undergraduate students through its REU Sites program. Deadlines to apply are typically late January to early March – if interested, look into ASAP.
- Search their REU database for opportunities.
Please also remember to check with your advisor, department, and student organizations for information about research opportunities!
Last updated: February 27, 2020