The following is a list of undergraduate research opportunities/funding with links to more information (please always check details and deadlines with funders as offerings can change). If you know of a program not included here, please contact us. We would like to grow this list!
- Program offers summer research grants of up to $3000 and academic year grants of up to $5000 for undergraduate research expenses including supplies, materials, travel, and/or participant compensation. Summer funding may be used for living expenses. Intent to apply (required) for summer 2022 grants is due by February 17, 2022, and applications are due March 3, 2022.
- Small grants of up to $1000 are available on an ongoing rolling basis.
- View more info on SOURCE funding opportunities.
LSAMP – Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
T 315.443.5274, E firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program supports underrepresented minority students in STEM.
- Program serves approximately 80 students annually through research experiences, academic seminars, advising, and participation in professional conferences.
- Offers summer research stipend of $3500 (and $150 stipend for travel, and free room and board on campus – as COVID-19 policies allow). Application deadline TBD – typically in February/March.
- Academic year research opportunities also available.
- Program offers summer research and mentoring opportunities to undergraduate psychology majors from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Application deadline is April 1, 2022.
- Program offers Honors Thesis Funding, up to $5000 per project. This includes funds for research materials, supplies, and/or expenses. Intent to apply (required) for summer 2022 grants is due by February 17, 2022, and applications are due March 3, 2022.
- Program also offers Honors Development Grants, providing one-time funding of up to $1000 to Honors students in good standing, to defray the costs of participating in academic conferences, professional development activities, and study abroad programs. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Explore research currently underway at Syracuse University – search their database of Research Centers and Labs.
- View more info on Honors Program funding opportunities.
- Program prepares undergraduate students for graduate/doctoral studies with research, academic services, and scholarly activities.
- Stipend of up to $1800 for research.
- Eligibility: First-generation college students who meet federal income guidelines (based on taxable income), and/or members of a population (African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Native American) that is generally underrepresented or underrepresented in the field of interest.
- Application deadline TBD – typically in February/March.
- Program funds a large number of research opportunities for undergraduate students through its REU Sites program. Deadlines to apply are typically January to March.
- Search their REU database for opportunities.
Please also remember to check with your advisor, department, and student organizations for information about research opportunities!
- Biology Department – Research Experience
- Chemistry Department – Research Overview
- College of Arts and Sciences – Undergraduate Research
- College of Engineering and Computer Science – Undergraduate Research
- Falk College – Student Research
Last updated: March 10, 2022