WiSE programs support the persistence and excellence of women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) by capitalizing on their unique strengths, maximizing opportunities to connect, and addressing challenges experienced by women undergraduates, graduates, postdoctoral fellows and faculty.
Faculty initiative and involvement make WiSE one of the most successful women’s programs at Syracuse University.
Key Goals of WiSE
- Support persistence toward degree completion, professional development, and career preparation for women undergraduate and graduate students.
- Support resilience, advancement and research excellence as well as facilitate personal productivity and balance for women STEM faculty and postdoctoral fellows.
- Build a strong and thriving community and social network for women in STEM including aiding in the development of an equitable and inclusive environment for faculty and students.
- Biomedical & Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Exercise Science
- Forensic Sciences
- Information Studies
- Mathematics Education
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Science and Math Education